Armed Guard Private Security Inc. Is one of the area’s fastest growing and leading security providers in northern California, with opportunities for internal growth and advancement as well additional training (career development available).
Looking to start a career in Law Enforcement? Start here and gain relevant experience while attending school or otherwise preparing for your career.
We are currently hiring for entry level and/or experienced security officers in the Chico and Yuba Sutter areas.
Required Licenses or certifications:
Additional desired qualifications (Not Required):
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, On-Call
Works closely with Administrative Team to manage the security services and related operations provided to assigned accounts including client service and problem resolution, service enhancement and expansion, new business development, operational effectiveness, preparation of post orders, and information dissemination to operations command staff.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity. All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein. In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions. All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Serves as a key point of client contact to ensure the delivery of high quality customer service for assigned accounts; evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary corrective action in a timely manner.
2. Meets regularly with client representatives for status updates; addresses any actual or potential problems; assists management in negotiation of client contract; provides support during client start-up; supports security planning, assessments and surveys; reviews and updates post orders.
3. Oversees, coordinates with management, and participates in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff; acts to ensure that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect; plans, assigns, and directs work; coaches employees and carries out disciplinary actions, as necessary.
4. Assists in development and administration of budget in relation to assigned accounts.
5. Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
6. Within scope of client contract and assigned duties, acts to ensure that vehicles are properly maintained and administers driver training; acts to ensure that there is an adequate inventory of uniforms, radios, and other supplies and equipment; maintains other associate and business information.
7. Coordinates staffing schedules for accounts, in collaboration with management as necessary; acts to ensure that scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs; reviews Security Officer site reports to verify post orders and client directives have been satisfactorily followed; personally inspects all posts as part the evaluation of security staff.
8. Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues as requested.
9. Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned accounts.
Associate degree and 3 years of responsible experience in the security industry and/or business management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
1. Proficient in the use of personal computer and various computer software programs.
2. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and keep current on any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
3. Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the assigned accounts.
4. Knowledge of security operations and procedures. Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures. Skill in staff supervision, including assigning work and providing training and discipline.
5. Ability to provide positive direction and motivate performance. Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
6. Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
7. Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
8. Knowledge of business operations management and human resources administration.
9. Ability to synthesize business/financial data and develop recommendations. Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
10. Oral and written communications skills. Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
11. Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures. Ability to be an effective leader and member of project teams.
12. Ability to take initiative and achieve results. Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently. Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands): With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions.
In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
1. Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
2. Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, and controlled substance testing.
3. Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
4. Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
5. May require regular use of vehicle and frequent travel in the performance of duties.
6. Regular talking and hearing.
7. Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
8. Walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
9. Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
10. Conducting oral presentations and group meetings.
11. Directing, motivating, training, coaching, and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
12. Reading and analyzing reports and financial data, including related computer usage.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
· Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
· Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
· Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
· Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
· Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.